At Christmas we need all the support we can get in the hurly-burly atmosphere of the kitchen. We want our Christmas lunch, and all our other favourite treats, to be cooked beautifully with as little stress as possible. After all, it’s a time to be merry and to kick-off our shoes and relax.
Whirlpool has the complete set of cooking appliances for maximum versatility, excellent results and that all important happy ending. Whirlpool’s Absolute design range of stylish built-in appliances are absolutely perfect for the task of serving up a cracking Christmas.
The Absolute range features Whirlpool’s pioneering 6th Sense® technology, guaranteeing perfect and effortless results and with a matching built-in oven, a combination microwave, hob and a hood. Uniquely and beautifully designed to complement the current Absolute freestanding range, for those who love to mix and match in the open-plan living space so popular today.
The Absolute AKZ 618 IX oven is a top performer that allows you to effortlessly cook up a masterpiece simply by selecting the appropriate cooking setting. Its generous 65-litre capacity can comfortably take a nine kilogramme turkey and a tray of roast potatoes. The oven is intuitive, flexible and very easy to use, and its Ready2Cook setting eliminates the need to pre-heat, which saves time and up to 20 per cent of energy¹
Programme options include forced air convection, maxi cooking for perfect poultry roasting, a pizza setting, a bread programme, a conventional setting for traditional recipes such as Christmas cake, as well as a full width turbo grill and defrost.
When all the festivities are over, the Smart Clean function offers easy oven maintenance, using steam to clean the cavity, leaving the interior pristine in just 30 minutes.
Whirlpool believes in making life easier for its customers, which is why the Absolute oven is teamed with some impressive companions. Perfectly matching the oven is the stylish, easy to use and efficient Absolute combination microwave oven, the AMW 505IX, with in-built, intuitive 6th Sense® technology. The simple to use central programmer allows the selection of different cooking options with a single touch. Through the ‘select and cook’ function, you can choose the most appropriate cooking setting for each dish, while 6th Sense® technology sets the cooking time and power level to ensure expert and outstanding results. The microwave has unique Crisp technology to produce delicious food that is crispier, juicier and healthier than ever.
For even more cooking versatility, the Absolute design 6th Sense® hob is sleekly designed and the perfect blend of ultimate technology and optimum flexibility. Double Flexizone technology extends the freedom to organise the cooking area to suit individual requirements. It accommodates the largest pans by linking together the front and back zones, maintaining a consistent temperature across each zone. This makes it ideal for cooking at Christmas time when you often have numerous pots and pans on the go all at once. If you switch to a smaller pan, the hob detects, after just one minute, which part of the zone you are using and automatically activates it.
To keep the kitchen free from the smells of even the most delicious Christmas cooking aromas, is the Whirlpool Absolute hood. The smart central chrome dial makes control easy by simply selecting the setting according to the cooking mode, i.e. melting, simmering, boiling, frying. The hood automatically finds the perfect setting, and the power of extraction only increases when needed, eliminating unnecessary energy wastage. Thanks to its 6th Sense® technology and A+ energy rating, consumers can save up to 18 per cent² of energy.
Charles Bernstein, Category Manager Whirlpool Built in comments: says: “We want everything to be just right at Christmas, and of course, Christmas lunch is a tremendously important part of the day. For retailers this is a great opportunity to introduce the Whirlpool Absolute range of built-in cooking appliances that caters for all the consumer’s cooking requirements. They offer a great range of options and cooking flexibility, and the appliances look superb too. Whirlpool knows how to connect contemporary, modern design with sleek good looks and superb cooking results.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool Absolute Oven, AKZ 618/IX:
- Built in 600 mm single oven in new Absolute design featuring smart central control dial with striking white LEDs and matching control panel digital display
- Multi-function oven with 16 automatic programmes, to make cooking easy and stress free.
- Operated by the central dial for ease of use; just dial-in for setting programme and temperature
- Thirty pre-set, automatic cooking programmes for all your favourites from pizza to roasts
- Cooking options include: forced air convection; conventional; convection bake; grill and defrost
- Ready2Cook function eliminates the need to pre-heat the oven saving time and energy
- 6th Sense® technology for intuitive ease of use and making cooking simple with excellent cooking results
- Smart clean for easy maintenance; uses steam and cleans in just 30 minutes leaving the interior pristine
- Electronic child lock for additional safety
- Finished in stainless steel surrounding double glazed glass door
- Anti-fingerprint coating for keeping clean with ease
- Interior light for ease of viewing
- Energy rating A+
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 595 x595 x564 mm
- RRP will be around £329.99