The Crestron Residential Award winners have been announced for 2012, with eight integrators being rewarded for their outstanding projects completed in the past year. Guests were invited to an awards party at Crestron’s HQ in Cobham where the company celebrated the best in custom installation.
“The standard of entries for 2012 was incredibly high” says Robin van Meeuwen, Crestron UK Managing Director. “We have seen a great selection of projects since we started our Residential Awards five years ago, but this year we were truly amazed with the entries and how unique some of the projects are. We received a record breaking 59 entries across eight categories and had a tough time selecting the winners. We continue with this awards scheme each year to recognize the achievements of our integrators, as they play a vital part in our success. My thanks go out to everyone who took the time to enter the awards.”
Robin was joined by Petra Van Meeuwen, Crestron Marketing Manager, Tanya Houston of Wildwood PR and Paddy Baker, editor of INSTALLATION to judge the entries. The team spent several hours deliberating and were delighted with the final outcome. Crestron celebrated the awards with a BBQ party in a marquee outside its offices. With the sun shining, drinks flowing and great food provided, the winners were announced.
• Best Integrated Home System: T&T Automation, for Georgian Mansion
• Most Distinctive Digital Media Installation (on sea) Audio Vision Ltd for Maltese Falcon
• Most Distinctive Digital Media Installation (on land) Smartcomm Ltd for Lavish Family Home
• Brilliant Lighting Control and Design: Audio Vision for Longwood Manor
• Best High Rise Living: ClearSphere Ltd for New Bond Street Penthouses
• Best Marine Project: AV Synergy for DB9
• Best International Crestron Home: Custom Controls for Dubai Villas
• Most Creative GUI: C3 Custom Code Crafters (Europe) for Xenon
Dave Chester, Custom Controls
“The Integration Awards are a great way for us to get feedback from Crestron on our projects. Whilst we always strive to deliver the best, it is reassuring to us and our clients that Crestron rate our systems so highly. This is the fourth year we have won the awards and it means more to us every year."
Darryn Jacobs, AV Synergy
“Wining Best Marine Project for the second year running is an enormous achievement for AV Synergy and when we consider that our company is by far smaller than many of the competition, we take great pride in receiving this award. It is great to be recognised for producing work to an extremely high standard, especially from a company like Crestron, one of the largest control manufactures in the world.”