Co-Owner of home decor brand, Dowsing & Reynolds, takes part in Showhome’s 60 second personality interview, Open House, for our last edition of Showhome magazine.
- Bathrooms or kitchens, which is your favourite?
My husband James designed our new bathroom to bring the outside in and be a cocooning space to soak. He used Dowsing & Reynolds’ preserved moss wall panels to create a lovely green wall. That room is heaven for me.
- If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
That it was a more diverse place. Progress is being made, but there’s a long way to go. We all have to work harder at being inclusive and changing the industry for the better.
- What three traits define you?
I am intense, endlessly curious and I support those around me.
- What’s the coolest trend you see today?
I usually advise not to follow trends too closely, designing for pleasure, feel and to express your personality is always the best way.
- How do you define success?
Having a life I like to live with those I love around me and by being remarkable and respected.
- What would you most like to tell your 13 year old self?
Stop worrying about what people think. But she wouldn’t have understood, only life experience gives you that understanding.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Michelle Obama. I’d love to have a good sit down and chat with her. I’ve been enjoying her podcast. Positive, thoughtful and inspiring.
- What’s your favourite aspect about working in the industry?
The creativity. I love being inspired by sparky and creative people. I work with a really great team and wider we are part of such a vibrant and talented sphere. I love a good conversation with someone like Karen Knox from Making Spaces. She’s got such a good eye for design and I always learn so much from her.
- Name one unique factor about Dowsing & Reynolds?
Passion for detail on items in the home which are often overlooked.
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Enjoying working with an even bigger team at Dowsing & Reynolds and who knows where we will have taken it by then. I’m just enjoying the journey, that’s the aim isn’t it? To enjoy the journey.
To stay up to date on the latest, trends, innovations, people news and company updates within the UK property and housebuilding market please register to receive our newsletter here.
Rebecca Morpeth Spayne,
Editor, Showhome Magazine
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922