Whirlpool announces the launch of a new multifunction 6th Sense® induction oven, the AKZM 8790/IX. The new Whirlpool induction oven is at the forefront of cooking technology for faster cooking times and greater energy efficiency; it saves us up to 50 per cent in time and energy¹.
A traditional oven is probably the one we are all used to, however the big difference between the two becomes immediately apparent in the way of an easy to use cooking experience that will save you personal time, money and energy. The wonder of induction technology, which is clean, fast and super efficient, makes the whole cooking process a joy.
Induction heating is based on magnetic field generation through a shelf inside the oven, coupled with the magnetic material of the cooking utensil. Induction cooking is a combination of the heating process activated through the induction shelf and the grill.
However, Whirlpool’s new oven is similarly impressive in traditional cooking mode. The oven also reverts to multifunction and works in the same way as a conventional oven, when not in induction mode. Whirlpool’s famed 6th Sense® technology constantly adapts and controls the cooking process according to the dishes being cooked.
Attractively styled in stainless steel this highly sophisticated and feature-rich model also incorporates the company’s Cook3 and Ready2Cook systems.
Cook3 lets you cook three different dishes at the same time without the mixing of the flavours or aromas. This is due to the oven’s clever convection cooking system and is further helped by the very generous capacity, with five different shelf positions to choose.
With Whirlpool’s Ready2Cook, there is no need to preheat the oven whatever you’re cooking. You simply place the dish into the cold oven and technology does the rest. Depending on the dishes you are cooking, you can save up to 20 per cent energy.
Neil Austin, Trade Marketing Manager, Whirlpool, says: “The new Whirlpool 6th Sense® induction oven is a genuinely innovative and a forward thinking appliance which, even without the great concept of induction, would rank as a high quality multifunction oven in its own right. Technologically and economically, it is an all-round winner that cooks dishes superbly and quickly, whilst saving significant amounts of time, energy and money. It is a must for retailers to have on display in an effort to engage and entice the savvy, super-smart consumer to trade up to the latest cooking technology.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool AKZM 8790/IX 6th Sense® induction oven:
• Built-in, new revolutionary induction oven with multifunction capability finished in high quality stainless steel
• Induction cooking combines the heating process activated through the induction shelf, the cooking dish and the grill. Results in significant savings of 50 per cent in time and energy
• ‘A- 30%’ energy class
• Generous capacity of 73 litres for maximum flexibility and for cooking dishes of all shapes and sizes
• 6th Sense® technology monitors, adapts and controls the cooking process as required for much faster cooking times
• Thirty, 6th Sense® pre-programmed recipes, the oven will set the time and parameters, for total ease of use and perfect cooking results every time
• Cook3, cooks three different dishes at the same time without mixing the different flavours or aromas
• Ready2Cook function eliminates the need to preheat the oven whatever you’re cooking
• Triple glazed glass door for a cool exterior; with full width inner glass door for easy maintenance
• Clock, time and automatic start/stop
• Cookery book supplied
• Dimensions H x W x D: 595 x 595 x 564 mm