Porotherm facilitates smarter, faster construction and earlier completion. Consequently the client benefits from the building being ready sooner whilst the builder sees a quicker financial return and is able to complete more projects in a given period.
Porotherm wall costs are roughly equal to traditional blockwork, but with significantly faster build potential.
Due to the speed of construction, storey height in a day capability is possible and with 95% less in built water, significant programme benefits can arise.
Wall Speed and Cost Indicator
The indicator compares construction speeds and indicative costs for concrete blockwork and core range Porotherm blockwork.
U Value Indicator
The U value indicator allows you to imput your desired wall U value, select insualants and finishes, and will recommend the required Porotherm block thickness.
• Typically 20-30% MARSS recycled content
• Reduced energy consumption in manufacture
• Innumerable interconnected pores and web pattern aid thermal performance
• Breathable structure allows diffusion of water vapour
• Ground to +/-�mm tolerance on block heights aids fast construction
• Sharp edges removed during grinding process
• Interlocking vertical joints, no mortar required
• Typical compressive strength 10N/mm2
• Intrinsically fire resistant
• Good acoustic resistance
• Life expectancy >150 years
• Green Guide rating applied for. A+ expected