Electric…Hydronic…Hybrid; Your heating…Our solutions…Your choice
As part of your new build, retrofit or renovation, you may now be at the stage where you are considering heating and want to ensure that you are specifying or installing the most effective heating solution. Over the following pages we would like to tell you more about Warmup, and why, when it comes to underfloor heating, Warmup has the perfect product to meet your exact needs. Whether the solution you seek is electric, hydronic or hybrid.
Meeting the need for energy efficient heating solutions
Warmup underfloor heating solutions have a leading role to play in rising to the challenge of providing energy efficient products when it comes to heating dwellings (in particular CSH Level 4 and higher) and commercial buildings.
The use of underfloor heating marks the next phase in our transition to low energy usage. Underfloor heating provides high efficiency heating whilst requiring significantly less energy to heat a room than traditional radiator heating systems.
What type of floor finish is suitable for Warmup underfloor heating?
Underfloor heating offers enough flexibility and floor finish options to satisfy the most demanding of customers: Stone, ceramic, wood, carpet and vinyl. It is the perfect choice for new build, retrofit and renovation projects, from older homes to large apartment schemes and affordable housing.
Warmup offers a solution to cater for all types of heating:
- Electric – where our products are established as the world’s best-selling underfloor heating brand
- Hydronic – building on our leadership position for electric, by offering the same level of quality products and service support to meet those customers who seek a hydronic solution – particularly for new build
- Hybrid – for those customers who want the best of both, electric upstairs, in bathrooms and bedrooms and hydronic downstairs, e.g. in the kitchen and living room.
- Flexibility – Warmup underfloor heating allows easy integration with other heating suppliers including renewable sources. For example, Warmup has established strong business relationships with renewable energy companies such as Tisun Solar Systems and Airflow Systems providers of quiet, low energy solutions for residential and commercial ventilation
All Warmup products are designed and manufactured from a world-class brand with an enviable reputation for innovation, quality and reliability.
Electric underfloor heating
Warmup electric underfloor heating, the world’s best-selling electric underfloor heating brand, provides warmth throughout the whole room, giving a whole new meaning to heating and comfort. Warmup’s electric underfloor systems use BEAB-approved ultra-thin heating elements; the heating wire with fluoropolymer coatings is less than 2mm thick and will not raise floor levels. This also makes it much easier to install particularly in upper floor rooms (i.e., bathrooms).
When it comes to installation, Warmup electric underfloor heating is easy to install and a qualified electrician is only required to fit the thermostat, RCD and final connection to the power supply. To provide additional security and peace of mind Warmup was the first manufacturer to guarantee its products for life and goes one step further through its SafetyNetTM Installation Guarantee, this means if the wire is accidentally damaged during installation, Warmup will replace it free of charge – this is unique to Warmup.
Warmup underfloor heating offers heat-up time in minutes rather than hours, avoiding overheating and wasting energy. For example, a typical bathroom costs just 10p per day to run, depending on your energy provider.
Benefits of the Warmup electric system :
- Bespoke solutions – from a single room, to whole house, or heating for large commercial buildings, Warmup can provide a tailored solution to match individual needs and budget
- Comfort – consistent warmth and an extremely high level of comfortable temperature is achieved
- Energy efficiency – underfloor heating gives the user control. It provides high-efficiency heating whilst requiring significantly less energy to heat a room than traditional radiator heating systems. Radiant heat is energy efficient as the air temperature is lower than conventionally heated rooms to achieve the same level of body comfort. Energy usage is also reduced as you are not heating the ceiling area and it enables the temperature of each room to be accurately controlled as needed, allowing end users to heat the rooms they want – when they want, with no energy wasted
- Lower CO2 emissions – electric systems have approximately 30% less embodied carbon than equivalent traditional systems
- Rapid heat-up time, heat off most of the time – energy efficient! Warmup electric heating works by directly heating the floor; this provides rapid heat-up times (subject to good insulation) that never overheats or wastes energy
- Fully zoned system – Warmup electric heating enables the temperature of each room to be accurately controlled depending on usage. This is unlike traditional radiators, where energy is wasted, pumping hot water from the boiler to the radiators – these traditional air-heating systems cannot provide precise individual zone temperature control
- Temperature control – unique 3iE energy-monitor thermostat allows end users to choose the temperature levels they require, with heat on and off to match lifestyle or business requirements. It also allows the end user to monitor and control energy usage and costs.
- Cost savings – because underfloor heating uses a lower temperature than standard radiators, water-heating costs are reduced and savings can be achieved by c.10% on heating bills, depending on your energy provider
- Invisible & maintenance free – No radiators to take up floor space, to bleed, mend or replace. No boilers to service or replace, this reduces costs even further!
- Health benefits – electric underfloor heating reduces humidity, preventing dust mites from surviving while the radiant heat it produces reduces dust circulation – these are important features to those who suffer from allergies and asthma
- Safety – delivers a family-friendly and safe environment. No low-level hot surfaces or hard metal edges that come with a radiator system, creating a potentially unsafe and dangerous environment for small children, the elderly or those vulnerable and at risk
- Full knowledge of how a system will operate and function along with the energy usage and running costs is available at design stage – only Warmup can provide this information
Hydronic underfloor heating
The Warmup hydronic heating system operates by circulating a controlled flow of warm water circulated through pipes made from Pex (crosslinked polyethylene) or multilayer composite Alpert pipes. These are installed in a conductive floor structure, (screed) or in conductive elements (diffusion plates), which are embedded into the subfloor to transfer the heat to the floor surface. This floor becomes a large low temperature heat emitter warming the floor surface and transferring heat from there to the room or space.
The major method of heat transfer from the heated floor surface is by radiation, it amounts to 50%-60% of the output; the remainder is made up by convection and conduction. Further, having slightly warmer feet than the head leads to better comfort conditions.
Unlike radiators, underfloor heating systems do not need to run at a high temperature. Typically, the temperature of the water in an underfloor heating system pipe is 35-55oC, warming the floor to a temperature of -29 oC as opposed to the c.80oC flow and surface temperature of a radiator system.
Room temperature is controlled by a thermostat. In the case of multi-zone installations, i.e. multiple rooms in the building or home using hydronic underfloor heating. A central wiring system is used where the thermostats are controlled depending on the specific heating output required per zone.
Benefits of the Warmup Hydronic Solution:
- Suitable for every type of project: New build, retrofit and renovation
- Warmup’s hydronic solution can be linked to any heat source, giving total future flexibility – allowing for best energy savings, now and in the future
- Fast installation – with a floating floor, the Warmup system can be installed at a rate of up to 200 m2 per day
- Weather compensated hydronic system, delivers savings on running costs by adjusting to changing climatic conditions
- Temperature control – thermostats allow end users to choose the temperature levels they require, with heat on and off to match lifestyle or business requirements
- Energy efficiency – It provides high efficiency heating whilst requiring significantly less energy to heat a room(s) than traditional radiator heating systems. Radiant heat is energy efficient as the air temperature is lower than conventionally heated rooms to achieve the same level of body comfort. Energy usage is also reduced as you are not heating the ceiling area
- Cost savings – because underfloor heating uses a lower temperature than standard radiators, energy consumption and water-heating costs are reduced, savings can be achieved by c.10% on heating bills, depending on your energy provider
- Comfort – it ensures the heat is evenly circulated with no cold spots or draughts
- Design freedom – underfloor heating is a designer’s dream with no bulky radiators to take up valuable wall and floor space
- Safety – delivers a family friendly and safe environment. No low-level hot surfaces or hard metal edges that come with a radiator system, creating a potentially unsafe and dangerous environment for small children, the elderly or those vulnerable and at risk
- Health benefits – underfloor heating reduces humidity, preventing dust mites from surviving while the radiant heat it gives out reduces dust circulation – these are important benefits for those who suffer from allergies and asthma
- Little or no maintenance – all electrical components are designed for multiple use and longevity; serviceable parts are easily replaced should the need arise
- Comprehensive warranties – please contact Warmup for further information
Hybrid underfloor heating
Warmup gives you the ultimate choice when it comes to underfloor heating – the option to choose electric, hydronic or a hybrid solution. This means you can have electric upstairs in say a bathroom(s) or bedroom(s) and hydronic downstairs. The choice is yours.
Warmup 3iE energy-monitor thermostat
It is Warmup’s view that well-insulated houses are ill-served by powerful, expensive or slow acting heating systems that are not precise. Critically, CSH Level 4 homes need systems that can be controlled precisely in as many zones as possible. That is why we believe our heating systems, used in conjunction with the Warmup 3iE energy-monitor thermostat, is the best solution on the market today.
The 3iE in each zone provides the following:
- Precise heat control by having the most sensitive adaptive software to ensure that energy is being used only when required
- Rapid local heat-up and cool-down completely separate from other zones
- Ten different set periods per day to get accurate control usage for all rooms
- Easy and precise override functionality by temperature and time at one button press
- Floor temperature and air temperature control, either being the dominant choice
- Self-learning capability to know when to turn the power on to achieve the desired temperature at the chosen time
- Energy monitor enables rapid learning of what energy provides each level of comfort and how to adapt to suit your requirements
People and expertise
The starting point for delivering a successful project will be the formation of a partnership that allows all members of the team to work together – we treat our customers as we would like to be treated ourselves.
Throughout Warmup you will find our people hungry for your business. Product and price are important, but we believe you want more. You want to do business with people you know and trust.
We offer a team of experienced people who understand your business environment and specialist needs based upon first-hand experience. We equip them with outstanding commercial, technical and leadership skills.
They have a wealth of industry knowledge and are able to discuss and advise you on all matters relating to your project. They will provide you with the necessary information to enable you to make an informed purchasing decision.
- Responsive sales, technical and customer services teams – our structure provides relationship managers, technical and customer services people. They will harness the passion of our entire team in order to offer solutions, answer questions and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- High levels of authority – are in place to support speed of decision making
How we work
Collaborating with you and your team, we will:
- Provide the highest quality of products and services that is tailored to meet your specific requirements, at the right price and at the right time
- Respond to your requests for information, quotations and tenders with feedback that is clear, concise and in a timely manner
- Where appropriate, provide advice, guidance and support both off and on-site where potential risks can be identified and preventative or other best practice solutions recommended
- Ensure we have a solid understanding of your needs and the issues affecting your industry
- By means of meetings, presentations, conferences and seminars, we educate our customers’ and their employees and business partners on renewable energy and underfloor heating related issues
The key to a successful project is careful planning and effective management, whether office based or on-site. The project team will ensure that the correct product is supplied and where we are involved in the fitting, that the installation of our system is flawless.
For new build, retrofit and renovation projects, customers have access to full project management resources with hands-on expertise to effectively manage out risk, from project planning, budget and cost control, on-site inspection through to quality and accuracy control. Warmup also offers dedicated service engineers in the future should a floor become damaged.
Research & development
Warmup offers dedicated CAD technicians and our technical team is available 24/7/365 supported by our EN442-2 research and development facilities in Germany and various houses in the UK including the BRE Renewable House. This has enabled the creation of an all-encompassing product performance research database for your use to ensure at design stage that:
- Full knowledge of how a system will operate and function at optimum capacity is available
- Full knowledge of energy usage and running costs is also available
This guarantees that we have the technical expertise necessary to ensure our customers benefit from the latest, proven research available. To maintain quality and consistency of service, all Warmup products are CE compliant and approved by leading institutions. In fact, Warmup products have more regulatory approvals than any other competing product – our mark of security and quality assurance.
Your business is important to us. You may be in the process of evaluating a Warmup product and want to make sure you have the right solution for your project. We are confident that once you have compared the quality and flexibility of our products, the associated warranties and guarantees. Our thermostat controls, in particular our unique 3iE energy-monitor thermostats and the range of value added services and customer services support, who will work with your pre and post installation, you will choose Warmup as your underfloor heating solutions provider of choice.
For more information, please visit www.warmup.co.uk/comuk