Whirlpool, the world’s leading manufacturer of major home appliances, introduced a new line-up of washing machines for 2012, with new 6th Sense® Colours technology, including the WWDC 8420/1.
Whirlpool’s new washing machine blends simplicity with sophistication with its naturally fluid design and innovative features designed around the consumer’s needs. The freestanding machine boasts an excellent ‘A++AB’ energy, wash and spin ratings alongside a generous 8kg capacity.
The washing machine features Whirlpool’s intelligent 6th Sense® Colours technology to ensure long lasting colour preservation and outstanding fabric care for a superb cleaning performance even at ultra-low temperatures. This is achieved by the clever combination of the machine’s 6th Sense Colours technology, the special Colours 15ºC option, and Wave Motion technology.
The 6th Sense® technology also guarantees the precise adaptation of resources, optimising energy, water and time by sensing the size of the wash load and adjusting the cycle accordingly. Saving our finite resources also means that long-term energy, water and financial savings are guaranteed – all good for the recession-laden consumer today.
This machine further helps the consumer save money thanks to its Detergent Dosing Recommendation system in an effort to prevent over-dosing, the most costly part of the wash. Additionally, the WWDC 8420/1 has a clever Eco Monitor, which informs the user how much energy the selected programme will use, and offers the opportunity to switch to a more efficient cycle.
Dalia Haddad, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding for Whirlpool, says: “The new freestanding WWDC 8420/1 washing machine features Whirlpool’s 6th Sense® Colours programme to protect fabrics and stop colours fading. The Colours 15°C programme promotes colour fidelity whilst marinating the wash power of 40°C, providing excellent savings on energy.
“The intuitive layout makes the machine a pleasure to use and the Eco Monitor also helps the consumer save money by guiding them to the most efficient programme, something the consumer would not be able to do without the special function.”
Key features and benefits of the WWDC 8420/1 freestanding washing machine:
• Freestanding washing machine with excellent ‘A++AB’ energy, wash and spin rating
• 6th Sense® intelligent technology for 50 per cent savings in energy, water and time1
• 6th Sense® technology guarantees a precise adaptation of resources, optimising energy, water and time
• 6th Sense® Colours 15°C feature boasts long-lasting colour preservation and unparalleled fabric care, working in concert with the Colours 15ºC option and Wave Motion technology.
• The 6th Sense Colours programmes are adapted to different colour choices to ensure outstanding colour preservation. Each 6th Sense programme optimises washing performance for a specific colour set composed of assorted fabric types. The Dark Colours programme protects black and dark items from fading. The Light Colours programme washes light colours with no colour transfer, while the Mixed programme washes an assortment.
• Wave Motion technology is a unique asymmetrical drum movement that maximises detergent effectiveness when combined with 6th Sense® technology
• Generous 8kg capacity to wash bigger loads less frequently
• Eco monitor shows the consumer how much energy the selected programme will use, and gives the option to choose a more efficient cycle
• Detergent Dosing recommendation to encourage correct detergent dosing
• Fourteen wash programmes including a Speed 15 wash to clean lightly soiled items quickly, and a Super Eco wash to save energy
• Seven special options including an Intensive rinse and a Rapid wash
• Spin speed of 1400 rpm
• LED screen display featuring remaining time of cycle and progress indicator
• Start delay up to 24 hours
• Uses 59 litres of water per cycle
• Door opening angle of 172°
• Low noise level of just 59/78 dB(A) spin/wash
• Dimensions: H 850 x W 595 x D 565 mm