Whirlpool, the world’s leading manufacturer of major home appliances, has introduced an Activ0° system on selected refrigeration models, to ensure longer lasting food preservation.
Each year the UK wastes seven million tonnes worth of food and drink1, leaving the consumer out of pocket while also damaging the environment. Whirlpool’s innovative refrigerators now offer a solution to this problem with the introduction of Activ0° technology.
Whirlpool’s Activ0° is a dedicated drawer in the fridge that is kept at the ideal temperature of 0° to make sure meat and fish lasts for up to three days longer2. The Activ0° works in concert with Whirlpool’s intelligent 6th Sense® Fresh Control, which ensures a constant humidity level of 85-95 per cent; maintaining the best conditions for long lasting food freshness.
The Whirlpool WBV 33992 NFC combi fridge freezer is a key model in the range which offers Activ0°. It boasts an ‘A++’ energy rating and features unique 6th Sense® technology to constantly monitor and adapt the temperature and humidity of the fridge, offering excellent food preservation. The clever fridge is also protected by an anti-bacterial air filter with Microban® technology to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria and odours.
Dalia Haddad, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding for Whirlpool, says: “Food wastage is a big issue for the UK, as not only does it cost the consumer money, it also harms the environment as the waste is sent to landfills.
“Whirlpool is dedicated to providing the consumer with a solution to food wastage, and our Active0° drawer ensures longer food preservation, especially with meat and fish. This will save the consumer money in the long term and help to combat the damage to our planet.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool Absolute WBV 33992 NFC combi fridge freezer :
• ‘A++’ energy rated Green Generation combi fridge freezer
• Net capacity fridge – 218 litre with a 97 litre net capacity freezer
• Activ0° compartment to store meat and fish at an ideal temperature of 0°C and between 85 – 95 per cent humidity
• 6th Sense® technology which uses electronic sensors to monitor and adapt the temperature and humidity levels
• 6th Sense® Fresh Control circulates chilled air around the fridge to ensure a constant level of humidity for food preservation up to four times longer than a fridge without 6th Sense®
• 6th Sense® technology recovers the ideal temperature 10 times faster after door opening than a fridge without 6th Sense®
• New Absolute aesthetic for a sleek and stylish statement combi fridge freezer
• Protected by an anti-bacterial air filter with Microban® technology that helps to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria, odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods.
• New top-down Starlight LED illumination which is twice as bright as a normal bulb and uses ten times less energy
• New simple to use and easy to read user interface
• Frost free freezer and automatic defrost fridge for maintenance-free convenience
• Seamless flush handles
• Finished in Techno Steel
• Dimensions: H 2,000 x W 595 x D 640 mm
For more information about the Whirlpool Absolute WBV 33992 NFC combi fridge freezer please contact your Account Manager on 020 8649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk.